The advantages of litigation financing are obvious. Without it, many clients would not have the chance to successfully enforce their claims both in and out of court. However, even if you can afford to carry the financial risks yourself, it may still be beneficial to outsource the financial risk and gain helpful support for your case based on years of extensive experience and legal know-how from FORIS. That way, your capital is no longer tied to the case, relieving your cash flow and maintaining a dynamic position for you and your business.
Your benefits as a corporate
- Your liquidity is not tied to the case and can instead be invested into your business
- You relieve your cash flow, especially since the duration of a litigation is hard to predict.
- You spare your balance as there is no need to establish reserve funds
- You protect yourself from high unexpected costs
All in all, we keep your back free so you can focus on what's essential, your business's success.
Your benefits as a lawyer
- You are able to take on an interesting lawsuit and can execute a financially secured litigation
- You can take an interesting process mandate and lead a financially secure process
- You can help your client to enforce their rights and simultaneously exclude them from any given financial risk
- Your fee is always immediately paid for by FORIS, regardless of the case's outcome
We strengthen your position
First, we ensure equality of arms. FORIS does not fear financially strong opponents. We also fund trials against big corporations, insurances and banks. In addition, we strengthen your position through our entry as a financer. For legal disputes, it is often necessary to persevere to the very end. Competence and endurance are strengths every opponent feels.
Your benefits as a private individual.
- You do not have to invest your capital into the case and therefore, carry no financial risks
- You are protected from high unexpected costs
- No personal financial restrictions
- You strengthen your position with a financially strong partner - even for settlement negotiations
Advantages compared to governmental legal aid (PKH)
- There is no cap on the claim's value (EUR 30,000), therefore your lawyer receives his full fee and works in a highly motivated manner
- There is no need for extensive bureaucracy and disclosing your economic situation to the state
- You are able to execute your claim with full financial backing
- Absolutely no financial risk. Unlike the PKH, FORIS will even cover the costs of your opponent, should you lose the case
- Should your economic situation improve, the PKH may retract their financing. FORIS, however, will stay by your side
Your strong partner
In more than 15 years we have established extensive expertise in litigation financing. Our team of experienced and specialised lawyers has already examined more than 10,000 cases with a claim value in excess of EUR seven billion.
As the largest independent litigation and legal financial services provider, FORIS is a strong partner. FORIS is a discrete and publicly traded company, independent of parent organisations in its decision making. A possible conflict of interest is therefore eliminated. With us, it does not matter who your opponent is.